Chat or rant, adult content, spam, insulting other members, show more. Harm to minors, violence or threats, harassment or privacy
Hubris in a sentence yahoo dating, impersonation or misrepresentation, fraud or phishing, show more. How would you use the word hubris in a sentence? Are you sure you want to delete this answer?
I could not believe GM executives had the hubris to to ask for more bailout money following the scandal with the bonuses. I must respectfully disagree with the other answers. Hubris is the sin of pride against God. Of presuming to know the mind of God or of comitting an act which only God should perform. Such as creating life, for instance, as Victor Frankenstein does "Hubris in a sentence yahoo dating" Mary Shelleys novel of the same name. Frankenstein commits two unforgivable sins, firstly hubris when he usurps Gods power and creates life and secondly by abandoning his creation and refusing to take responsibility for it.
So, an example of the word in a sentence would be "Victor Frankenstein comitted an act of hubris by creating life when only God may do so. The meaning was eventually further generalized in its modern English usage to apply to any outrageous act or exhibition of pride or disregard for basic moral laws. Such an act may be referred to as an "act of hubris", or the person committing the act may be said to be hubristic. The downfall of the ungodly man was his hubris. Related Questions How do you use the word hubris in a sentence?
Hubris in a ruling yahoo dating.
- Napoleons strategy of indirect approach dating - Ciderhelm and alinea dating quotes
- Auspicious time today in bangalore dating - Clever sayings about dating
- Internet dating communication tips - Black mature bbw videos
Hubris is an extreme expression of pride or self-confidence in a character.
Youtube Vallejo dating!
Deadpool vs Boba Fett. Epic Rap Battles of History - Bonus Battle! - Dating To Relationship
Hubris: In a Sentence – WORDS IN A SENTENCE - Hubris in a sentence yahoo dating|The ancient question 'do I tell him and how?'❷
The mayor's hubris wouldn't allow him to deign to reply to letters from the people. After winning the World Cup, both the team and the coach were filled with hubris.
Due to his hubris , Tyler spoke imperiously to all who came in contact with him. Blinded by hubris , the terrorist refused to acknowledge that his downfall was approaching.
- Definition of Hubris. an excess of confidence; having too much pride and personal worth. Examples of Hubris in a...
- goes before a fall" is thought to sum up the modern definition...
- How to use hubris in a sentence. Example sentences with the...
The Bier Haus diversion, made at near WMS has fossilized beside on a minuscule...
- Definition and a list of examples of hubris. Hubris is an His career has struggled after...
- Definition of Hubris in the Financial Dictionary - by Free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. What is...